Parent Safety Reminders
Information and tips for parents:
- Please make sure your contact information (home and cell phone numbers) are up-to-date in Infinite Campus/Parent Portal. Contact your child's school office and provide the updated information.
- Please make sure the emergency contacts on file for your student are up-to-date. We suggest that those emergency contacts be local so they can respond and pick up your student if necessary.
- We use our automated calling/texting/emailing system and district website to communicate with parents during a crisis or inclement weather. Please make sure that you are subscribed to, and receiving, ParentSquare communications from your school. Your school office can assist you to ensure you have access to this service. We recommend you take advantage of the text alert feature for emergency contacts.
- In some cases, we may need to evacuate the school. Evacuation sites have been established, but we do not publicize those locations prior to an emergency to maintain student safety. In the event students cannot return to their building, we will inform you of the time and place to pick up your child through the district communication channels listed above.
- In the unlikely event of reunification at the evacuation site, parents will be asked to remain in their cars and proceed through the line. Only parents, or those listed as emergency contacts, will be allowed to pick up a student. All parents and emergency contacts will be required to provide identification in order to pick up a student.
- In an emergency, we ask that parents do not come to, or call the school. It is important to keep the streets, parking area, and phone lines open for emergency responders and communication. We will provide information to parents through the district communication channels (see #3 above) and local media.
- During a lockdown at school, no one will be permitted to enter or leave the building with the exception of district personnel, law enforcement and first responders. Once it has been determined that the incident is cleared (all-clear), the school will resume normal procedures. This also applies to all lockdowns, including weather-related lockdowns.
- The most important thing we do to keep our school community safe is keep the lines of communication open. You can help us with this by letting us know if you hear of anything suspicious or alarming, and encouraging students to do the same.